THE ROLLI PALACES AND UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE
-In your private tour ….be impressed by the solid volume, the severe attitude of the stone mansions called ” Palazzi dei Rolli “, admire the golden elegance of the stucco decoration and the frescos of the former residences of the nobles.
-Gaze at the proud expression of the gentlemen’ Van Dyck Baroque portraits and be wrapped in the sumptuous colors of the Italian painters
-Be surprised by the contrast of the neighbors walking along the narrow “carruggi“ and breathe in the medieval atmosphere.
Website Palazzi dei Rolli
- Tour price: From euro 150.00 (1 to 4 guests). This tour can be added to a city tour for a full day experience.
- Inclusion: Professional, English speaking, local tourist guide (other languages on request), licensed for Genoa and its cultural heritage plus admission ticket to Palazzo Rosso at Strada Nuova.
- Languages: The tour can be requested also in English, Spanish, Italian
- Exclusions: Entrance fee to other palaces you may choose to visit
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Meeting Point: Genoa’s downtown or other pick up point on request
- Operating days: Tuesday to Sunday
- Please note: Moderate amount of walking. Steps into and within the palazzo. No wheelchair access
HIGHLIGHT ON GENOA’S MUSEUMS
Our city is proud to host some public museums in particular and unique settings. The collections of paintings and sculptures are masterpieces, as well as the fresco and stucco decorations of the former noble residences, where the collections are displayed. From the loggias you can admire the courtyards and gardens that were an integral part of every noble residence.
In your private tour you can:
– Be a guest of Palazzo Rosso, as it was when the Duchess Maria Brignole Sale donated it to the city. Listen to the story of one of the most famous local families of Doges and Ambassadors, at home in both the Spanish and the French Royal Court. Admire their Van Dyck portraits which have hung in the same room since the 17th century. A strong contrast with the modern fittings of Palazzo Bianco and its Flemish art collection.
– Step into Palazzo Doria Tursi, be amazed by the mascarons above the windows and the majestic marble portal. Our present City Hall in this palazzo houses the mayor’s boardrooms and in select rooms you will find the precious violin Guarnieri which belonged to Paganini, a son of Genoa, and the world famous Penitent Magdalen by Canova, impressive in her realism.
– Look for the hidden jewel of the old town: the National Gallery of Palazzo Spinola di Pellicceria and learn the story of the furs and the artisans who created them. You will see original furniture, porcelain, fresco decorations, paintings of Rubens and Van Dyck and more, even a “galerie de glaces”: the wondrous home as commissioned in the 17th century by our host, the independent Lady Maddalena, to celebrate the family.
– Feel the regal atmosphere of the National Gallery of Palazzo Reale, an outstanding unique residence and a treasure trove of the best interior design of the 17th, 18th and 19th century. The perfect setting for its collection of tapestries, paintings and sculpture
- Tour price: From euro 160.00 (1 to 4 guests). This tour could include all or some of the above mentioned museums according to your wish and time available. This tour can be added to a city tour for a full day experience.
- Inclusion: Professional tourist guide licensed for Genoa and its cultural heritage, plus admission ticket to Musei di Strada Nuova (Palazzo Rosso, Bianco, Doria Tursi).
- Languages: The tour can be requested in English, Spanish, Italian.
- Exclusions: Palazzo Reale and Spinola entrance fees. They could depend on the possible temporary exhibitions at the time. Entrance fee from euro 4.00 per person (2016)
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours, extra time fee on request.
- Meeting Point: Genoa’s downtown or other pick up points on request.
- Operating days: Tuesday to Sunday (Musei di Strada Nuova). Palazzo Reale and Palazzo Spinola have different opening times. Their availability will depend on the requested day and time of visit.
- Please note: Not all the museums are suitable for persons with walking difficulties however lifts are present in most of them. Please ask for details.
(Italiano) RICORDATI DI ME (Il Cimitero Monumentale di Staglieno)
(Italiano) – Uno dei cimiteri monumentali più importanti d’Europa, uno spazio monumentale suggestivo, una testimonianza delle trasformazioni dei linguaggi della scultura tra il XIX e XX secolo.
– Attraverso i monumenti funebri dei migliori artisti dell’epoca la realtà della morte viene sconfitta.
– Le virtù e i valori delle borghesia, di imprenditori con relazioni internazionali, banchieri, capitani e armatori, Mazzini e i garibaldini e persino di una venditrice di noccioline… fino a De Andre: tutto rivive attraverso i nostri racconti.
– Opere d’arte riprese in tutto il mondo: gli angeli, le figure femminili i bimbi, i fiori…dal Realismo, al Liberty e al Deco.
– Uno spazio di 33 ettari, una folla di opere: il nostro tour vi aiuta a selezionare e ammirare le sculture “imperdibili”.
- Tour price: (Italiano) Euro 130,00
- Inclusion: (Italiano) Guida turistica locale abilitata per i siti protetti del patrimonio (altre lingue su richiesta)
- Languages: (Italiano) Il tour può essere richiesto anche in inglese, spagnolo
- Exclusions: (Italiano) Trasporti per e dal cimitero - quotazioni su richiesta
- Duration: (Italiano) Circa 2 ore
- Meeting Point: (Italiano) Davanti al cimitero o da concordare con il cliente
- Operating days: (Italiano) Tutti i giorni
- Please note: (Italiano) Percorso a piedi moderato. Non accessibile a sedie a rotelle e non adatto a persone con difficoltà motorie particolari.